- 1 1\2 cups coffee, strong
- 150 grams butter, unsalted
- 7 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1\4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour, cake
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1. Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 375?F. Lightly butter two 8-inch-diameter cake pans with 1 1/2-inch-high sides and line the bottom of each pan with parchment paper. Sift flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl and set aside.
2. Put chocolate, butter and coffee in a medium skillet and stirring constantly, cook on medium-low heat until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and keep aside to cool, 8-10 minutes.
3. Beat eggs and vanilla in chocolate mixture and then stir in dry ingredients. (Batter will be thin).
4. Pour better into pans and bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Turn out on to a wire rack and leave to cool for 15 minutes.
5. To serve, dust the cakes with icing sugar and cocoa powder.