- 1 1/2 pounds firm fish fillets (halibut, cod, sea bass)
- 1 (16-ounce) jar tomato-based salsa
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed corn chips (not tortilla)
- 1 firm-ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- Sour cream, for accompaniment
Category : Seafood|
Rating : 0
Contributor : n/a
Preheat oven to 400*F (205*C). Lightly grease an 8 x 12-inch baking pan.
Rinse fish fillets under cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Lay fillets side-by-side in the prepared baking pan.
Pour the salsa over the top and sprinkle evenly with the shredded cheese. Top with the crushed corn chips.
Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until fish is opaque and easily flakes with a fork.
Serve topped with sliced avocado and a dollop of sour cream.