How to Keep Healthy and Be Happy
Good health and happiness are important goals in life. Who wouldn’t want to know how to be joyful and enjoy good health, too?
1. Eat balanced meals. Try to follow the food pyramid. Eat a lot of fresh fruits of vegetables, some whole grains and fiber, a little bit of dairy, a little bit of meat, and very little sugar and fat.
2. Exercise regularly. To exercise you can run, do sit-ups, push-ups, etc., lift weights, play DDR, or walk briskly around your neighborhood.
3. Establish regular sleep patterns. Health care professionals recommend getting eight hours of sleep daily, but it differs from person to person. It is best to get at least seven hours of sleep a day because lack of sleep can harm not only your physical health but your mental health. Sleep deprivation can cause lapses in concentration. To establish a regular sleep pattern, go to bed at the same time each night and wake up at the same time each morning. It may seem hard at first, but it will get easier after you’ve done it for a while.
4.Have a positive attitude. Instead of being pessimistic and thinking you can’t achieve your goals, be positive and thrive on your challenges.
5. Keep yourself busy. This is good because it prevents you from having bad habits, such as smoking and drugs. It is also important to keep occupied with positive tasks. Worrying is harmful, and work is good for the mind as well as the body. To keep yourself busy you can work around the house, spend time with your pets, write in a journal, do a sport, or spend time doing a hobby you enjoy.
6. Be social and have friends. Have fun with them, spend time with them, and talk with them, but make sure you steer away from gossip and slander. As long as you keep yourself free from negative talk, being with people satisfies the soul.
7. Remember that nothing is worth sacrificing health and happiness, so avoid anything that destroys them. Do not do anything harmful to yourself such as doing drugs, smoking, or hanging around and being influenced by negative people.
Exercise at least three or four days a week.
- Get your body accustomed to healthy food, and eat moderately!
- Sleep at least seven to eight hours every night, and go to bed and wake up at the same time each day.
- Be positive.
- Keep busy.
- Be social.
- Stop worrying.
- Steer clear from gossip and slander!
- Avoid anything that disturbs your health and happiness!