3 Injured In Rang Mahal Plaza Fire
Three people received burn injuries while valuables worth millions of rupees were reduced to ashes when a fire broke out at a four-storey plaza in the Glasses Market in Rang Mehal due to short circuit on Sunday.
The burn victims were identified as Maqsood Ahmad, Nawaz and Manzoor. The victims saved their lives by jumping down from the building. Maqsudís leg was also fractured. The victims were rushed to a local hospital where their condition was stated to be out of danger. Rescue 1122 Fire Service reached the spot within minutes after being informed and started a rescue operation. Fir fighting continued for over four hours after which the fire was controlled. Flames and smoke created panic in surrounding localities.
A large number of locals also gathered on the spot and witnessed the rescue operation. A firefighter said the four-storey plaza was owned by Glasses Market general secretary Farooq. A fire broke out on the third floor of the plaza due to short circuit which engulfed the entire building. Shopkeepers witnessed their shops and valuables burn into ashes. The owner of the plaza claimed a loss of millions of rupees.
Meanwhile, a fire erupted at a tailorís room situated in Plaza Cinema due to short circuit and reduced valuables worth thousands of rupees into ashes. Firefighters reached the spot and extinguished the fire.
177 accused held in June: Mujahid Squad arrested around 177 accused, including gamblers, members of two gangs of dacoits, proclaimed offenders and court absconders, during the month of June 2010.
Among the total 177 accused there were 15 proclaimed offenders and 12 court absconders. Police seized 24 illicit pistols, three rifles, seven kg charas and 450 bottles of liquor from them. Mujahid SP Jehanzeb Khan has directed the officers and officials to intensify patrolling in their respective areas.