In Camera Proceedings Of Darbar Attacks
LAHORE High Court Chief Justice Khawaja Muhammad Sharif on Friday held in camera proceedings in a suo motu case against the suicide attacks at the shrine of Hazrat Data Gunj Bakhsh (RA).
The proceedings were held in-chamber on the request of Additional Advocate General Muhammad Hanif Khatana wherein police high-ups appeared and apprised the CJ of the progress in the investigation of the incident. Hearing of the case was postponed till Aug 13.
On the last hearing, which was held in open court, the chief justice was informed that DNA test report of the remains of bodies collected from the attack site would be completed within next six or eight weeks.
SP Investigation City Ijaz Shafi Dogar had also submitted a written report on behalf of the CCPO. He said the police had got some clue about the criminals involved in the attacks but could not disclose information at an initial stage of investigation due to secrecy.
The court was also informed that the ISI, MI and Special Branch had been requested to join the police investigation in order to make effective efforts for nabbing the culprits. The SP said the home department had formed a joint investigation team, including DIG investigation, SSP investigation and representatives of the ISI, MI and Special Branch. The director general National Crisis Management Cell was requested for provision of technical assistance through Nadra, including verification of finger prints and facial recognition, for finalisation of the case on merit, the court was also told.