Chana Chaat By Chef Zubaida Tariq
Author: Chef Zubaida Tariq
Recipe type: Vegetables
Cuisine: Pakistani Recipe
- 250 gm chickpeas (black chana) washed and soaked overnight.
- 2 – 3 medium sized boiled potatoes
- 3 – 4 tbsp oil.
- Pinch of mustard seeds (rai)
- 4 – 5 curry leaves
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- 2 tbsp of roasted and crushed spices ( whole red chili,cumin seeds and coriander seeds)
- juice of one and half lime
- ½ cup chopped coriander and mint leaves
- 2 – 3 green chilies chopped
- pinch of garam masala powder
- Tomotoes, Onions and raw mangoes finely chopped (optional)
- After soaking the chickpeas overnight, boil them till tender in a pressure cooker for about half an hour. Drain and keep aside.
- Boil the potatoes, peel and chop them in small pieces, keep aside.
- Heat oil in a vessel, add the mustard seeds, curry leaves, cumin powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chili powder and the crushed spice mix.
- Stir fry the masala for a minute or two. Add in the chickpeas, potatoes, chopped coriander and mint leaves, lime juice, garam masala and mix well.
- Stir for a minute or two. Remove from heat and add in the chopped tomatoes, onions, along with raw mangoes.