Chicken Marqoq By Chef Rida Aftab
How To Make Chicken Marqoq Recipe By Chef Rida Aftab
Author: Chef Rida Aftab
Recipe type: Meat / Beef / Chicken
Cuisine: Indian Recipe
- ½ kg chicken, or mutton on the bone
- 1 carrot, thick and long slices
- 1 aubergine/eggplant, sliced thinly
- 2 gherkins, long slices
- You can add other vegetables of your choice
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 large tomato, pureed
- 1 whole dried black lime, pricked
- 1 tsp garlic-garlic paste
- Oil for frying
- Spice Mix:
- Grind together,
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp black pepper corns
- 1 long cinnamon stick
- ½ tsp cloves
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 4 cardamoms
- 1 dried red chilli
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- ½ nutmeg
- For mutton Marqoq, first wash and boil the mutton. Add whole spices like cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, garlic, and a teaspoon of chopped onion. Sprinkle a teaspoon of spice mix. Cook the meat till tender.
- Heat about 2 tbsp oil in a vessel. Add the chopped onion, till the colour changes to golden brown. Now add the meat (either the cooked mutton, or raw chicken), ginger-garlic paste. Stir.
- Add the spice mix to the meat and stir. After a minute, add the vegetables. Allow all the spices to cook on slow fire for a minute. You’ll love the fresh aroma of the ground spices. Add salt.
- Now, add the tomato puree. Cook till a curry is formed. Add the dried lime.
- Traditionally, the curry is soupy because it is poured over the khubz or parathas while serving and eating. Here, you can decide the consistency of the curry as you like