Low fat French Onion Soup By Chef Divya Burman
How to make Low fat French Onion Soup Recipe By Chef Divya Burman
Author: Chef Divya Burman
Recipe type: Soups
Cuisine: Indian Recipe
- 4 onions, sliced
- ½ tsp butter
- A little olive oil or canola spray
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- A sprig or two of fresh or dry thyme
- 4 large cups chicken stock (i made this with the stock cube)
- Salt and pepper
- A piece of wholewheat toast baked in oven with grated gouda cheese till it browns slightly.
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic/ 1 tsp garlic paste
- Take a heavy bottomed pan.
- Add butter and olive oil or spray.
- When warm, add onions and garlic.
- Now the idea is to keep cooking these onions on a slow flame.they should caramelize in about 20 minutes.
- After adding these onions,cook on low for 10 minutes. Now add wine.
- Once the onions are nicely caramelized, add the stock add let it come to a boil.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Put wholewheat bread in toaster and toast.now add grated cheese and let it melt till slightly brown in oven.
- Add soup to soup bowl with a good amount of onions. Top with toast and serve.