Tangy Orange Grilled Prawns By Chef Zakir Qureshi
How to make Tangy Orange Grilled Prawns Recipe By chef Zakir Qureshi
Author: Chef Zakir Qureshi
Recipe type: Seafood
Cuisine: Italian Recipe
- 12 jumbo prawns, shelled and heads and tails
- ¼ cup butter (approx 65 grams)
- 1 cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, grated
- 2 onions
- 1 teaspoon ginger root, freshly grated
- Soak a dozen long wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes. This prevents them from burning.
- De-vein the prawns keeping the shell in tact.
- Then push skewers through prawns, lengthwise, from head to tail with only 1 to a skewer.
- Combine all ingredients in saucepan and cook over medium to low heat, stirring, until butter is completely melted.
- Dip skewered prawn in the orange sauce and position on oiled grill rack about 4 inches above the coals.
- Baste liberally with sauce and grill for 2 minutes.
- Turn the prawn over and baste again, cooking for another 2 minutes.
- Smaller prawn will be done at this point, but continue basting and turning larger prawn until they are pink and cooked through.
- Remove from heat immediately when done, as overcooking will make toughen the meat. Use any remaining sauce for a dip for the prawns.
- Your grilled prawns are now ready!