Chocolate Mask- Its yummy for your skin
This chocolate facial mask is a guilt free form of having chocolate. It really does leave your skin feeling smooth and nourished. All you need is four ingredients and yes I do actually use this myself. The oats act as a gentle exfoliate so try and get them as fine as possible. The yogurt also aids in the removal of dead skin cells. The honey is a humectant and helps the skin retain moisture. And last but definitely not least the cocoa powder is full of anti-oxidants and has a toning effect on your skin, it is also the ingredient that give this mask its chocolate name.
This chocolate facial mask recipe makes a generous amount so why not have a girl’s night and share beauty secrets and have a good laugh at the same time.
I will warn you this may get a little messy so apply it over a sink. Once you have massaged it into your skin it dries slightly so you are OK from then on.
I also would not recommend eating this chocolate recipe, you can but it does not taste that good so it is best to have a separate chocolate supply on hand to eat while the mask works its magic.
Chocolate Facial Mask Recipe
¼ cup cocoa powder, sifted
¼ cup honey
¼ cup natural yogurt – not flavored
¼ cup oats, finely chopped
- Mix all the ingredients together to form a smooth paste.
- Let it stand for 5 minutes to thicken slightly.
- Apply the chocolate face mask generously to your clean and dry face and neck areas.
- Lightly massage in avoiding the eye and lip areas. Leave on for 15 minutes then rinse with warm water. Pat dry and apply a moisturiser.
- You may find that as this chocolate mask is so good at cleansing your skin it will absorb your moisturizer easily and you may need a second application.
- It goes without saying that if you feel any irritation on your skin to wash the chocolate mask off immediately.