Benefits of Kiwi
Kiwi fruit contains great nutritional value, which few people appreciate. Weight for weight they are substantially richer in vitamin C than oranges and contain more fiber than apple. They’re very rich in potassium, which is important for the prevention of high blood pressure. Kiwi is also valuable food for people with poor digestion, thanks to their high-fiber content and their unique mucilage; they make a gentle and effective laxative. This fruit consists of a hairy, brown peel containing green flesh, with white pulp in the center, surrounded by black, edible seeds. Kiwi fruits got their name from a bird that is native to New Zealand.
Per 100 grams of Kiwi contains Vitamin C: 75.0 mg; Vitamin A: 175 IU; Potassium: 332 mg; Calcium: 26 mg; Magnesium: 30 mg; Phosphorus: 40 mg; Iron: 0.41 mg; Sodium: 5 mg; Thiamin: 0.020 mg; Riboflavin: 0.050 mg; Niacin: 0.500 mg; Protein: 0.99 g; Total lipid (fat): 0.44 g; Carbohydrate: 14.88 g; Fiber: 3.4 g; Cholesterol: 0 mg; Water: 83.05 g;
Energy: 61 kcal
Health Benefits of Kiwi:
- Kiwi fruits contain about as much potassium as bananas.
- Kiwi offers a very good source of fiber which is why it is useful in decreasing the probability of colon cancer. Fiber has also been proven to reduce cholesterol levels, improving the conditions of patients with cardiovascular diseases and lowering the probability of heart attacks.
- Kiwi fruit provides an excellent source of vitamin C (more than oranges) and is especially important in respiratory-related health problems including wheezing, shortness of breath, asthma and coughing.
- Kiwi’s black seeds can be crushed to produce kiwi fruit oil, which is very rich in Alfa-Linoleic Acid (an important Omega-3 essential fatty acid).
- Kiwi is also rich in flavonoids that help protect our cells from oxidative damage, and are therefore considered very helpful in protecting our DNA from mutations and damage.
- Kiwi can help protect us from age related macular degeneration.
- Kiwi is rich in phytonutrients which prevent blood clotting and control fatty acid levels in your blood.
- When kiwi juice is mix with water and vodka it can be use as astringent to help tighten and tone the skin.