5 service members killed in Afghanistan NATO says
Bombings and a series of rebel attacks in Afghanistan on Sunday killed 11 people and three Afghan police, including five NATO service members, officials said.
Attacks, which came a day after Taliban fighters in eastern Afghanistan by NATO attacks show ‘American troops and insurgents fighting spirit despite the increase of firepower has not been broken.
Also Sunday, Afghan president’s office said the former ambassador to Pakistan, the Pakistani city of Peshawar, gunmen seized two years ago was named has been released and is back home safe.
Diplomat Abdul Khaliq Farahi, was freed late Saturday in eastern Afghanistan in a joint effort of both countries, officials and Kabul, where he met Sunday with President Hamid Karzai returned, the Afghan leader’s office said. In a brief statement that gave no details on how free was.
Farahi 22 September 2008, when gunmen stopped the vehicle and its driver killed in border city of Peshawar on the Afghan side of the house was going to the consulate.
“Abdul Khaliq Farahi is in good shape and now he is with his family in Kabul,” Karzai’s office said.
NATO said the three coalition service members in eastern Afghanistan and two others were killed in an insurgent attack in the south were killed in separate blasts. Further details or international military alliance did not provide the nationality of the dead service members. Deaths of 31 coalition service members who have died in Afghanistan so far this month, brought the number.
Rebels of the three Afghan policemen, who died when their vehicle in Uruzgan province, a roadside bomb south hit Gov. Khudi Rahim said. Two other policemen were injured in an explosion in the Tarin Kot district, he said.
Thousands of Afghan and coalition forces in southern and eastern Afghanistan, insurgents are pressing the government activists and international terrorist forces are retaliating with attacks on others to combine.
A bomb attached to a motorbike in Kandahar province’s Spin Boldak district exploded in a market, just east of the Pakistan border, two people were killed and 10 wounded, said district government chief Abdul Ghani.
Also in the province of Nangahar, one placed in a wheelbarrow bomb exploded in the provincial capital of Jalalabad, killing one man and six children and nine others including two women, were wounded, the Interior Ministry said.
Rebels also fuel a NATO convoy on fire early Saturday morning. Behsud district of Nangarhar province, a group of gunmen in the truck ran – Jalalabad city on the banks of the same area where a group – to be suicide bombers tried to storm on Saturday is a NATO base, said provincial government spokesman Ahmad Zia Abdulzai .
Truck drivers ran quickly and rebels set ablaze 12 tankers, Abdulzai said. Firefighters quell the flames throughout the morning, worked as a police area is safe. No one was killed in the attack, Abdulzai said.
October 6 attack in which a pair of 55 fuel tanker was set on fire, including Pakistan – Afghan-Pakistan border on both sides of the rebels killed a regular NATO supply convoys. Alliance says the attacks do not cause problems for the troops supplied.
NATO also said that an Afghan child, who inadvertently Zhari district of Kandahar province was killed Sunday during combat death was examined. Another child was injured when Afghan and coalition forces came under fire after insurgents shot back, the coalition said.