Five Patients Receive Electric Shocks In Services Hospital
LAHORE: As many as five people fainted after receiving electric shocks in the Intensive Care Unit of the Services Hospital late on Sunday night, Daily Times has learnt.
Due to heavy rainfall in the provincial capital on Sunday night, water accumulated in the hospital’s ICU through leakages in the roof of the ward, due to which five patients received minor electric shocks and fainted.
Talking to Daily Times, Services Hospital Medical Superintendent Muhammad Javaid said the rainwater accumulated through leakages in the corrugated roof of the ICU, due to which patients developed some contact with circuits and received minor electric shocks. He said that he personally visited the ward and supervised the medical aid being given to them. “All patients are perfectly fine and the leakages have also been removed to avoid any such situation in the future,” Javaid added. staff report