Poisonous Food Kills Girl
A 17-year-old girl lost her life after eating poisonous food in the jurisdiction of Hubanspura police here on Thursday.
The deceased was identified as Salma, a resident of Hurbanspura. Police said the victim prepared rice for lunch without properly cleaning them and the medicine, which is usually kept in uncooked rice to prevent them from insects, made the rice poisonous.
After eating the rice, her condition went critical and she was rushed to hospital where she died, a police officer said. The body was handed over to her family.
Boy drowns: A 14-year-old boy drowned in a swimming pool after he slipped from a water slide in Sozo Water Park here on Thursday.
The deceased was identified as Mohsin, a student of 9th class. Police said the victim went to the swimming pool with his friends where he slipped from a water slide as a result of which he sustained severe head injury and fell into the pool and drowned.
The rescue divers fished him out of water but he was dead, a park management officer said.
Police handed over the body to his family without autopsy.