Jalebi Recipe by Chef Maida
Today we will provide for you a very nice and traditional dish named as “Jalebi”. It is very delicious in taste and it is very easy to make this recipe. It is made by deep fruing wheat flour, which are then soaked in sugar syrup. Jalebi can best be described as funnel cakes. So try this sweet dish at your home. For more please visit our website LahoriMela.com
Author: Chef Maida
Recipe type: Sweets / Desserts
Cuisine: Pakistani Recipe
- • 2 cups All purpose flour (maida)
- • 11/2 tbsp. fine grained semolina or rice flour
- • ¼th tsp. baking powder
- • 2 tbsp curd (plain yogurt)
- • 11/4th cups warm water
- • ½ tsp. saffron threads, slowly dry-roasted and powdered
- • 3 cups sugar
- • 2⅔rd cups water
- • ½ tsp green cardamom seeds powder
- • 11/2 tbsp. kewra water or rose-water
- • Ghee or vegetable oil for frying
- • Mix the flour, semolina or rice flour, baking powder, curd and ¾th cup of the water in a bowl (preferably a ceramic bowl). Mix well with a whisk.
- • Mix well and then add remaining water and ⅛th tsp. of saffron powder, and whisk until smooth.
- • Set aside for about 2 hours to ferment.
- • Whisk thoroughly before use.
- • Prepare string syrup by dissolving sugar in the water. Just before the syrup is ready add saffron and cardamom powder.
- • Heat oil in a kadhai. Pour the batter in a steady stream (or coconut shell with a hole) into the kadhai to form coils. Make a few at a time.
- • Deep fry them until they are golden and crisp all over but not brown.
- • Remove from the kadhai and drain on kitchen paper and immerse in the syrup.
- • Leave for at least 4-5 minutes so that they soak the syrup.
- • Take them out of syrup and serve hot.