Pakak Paneer Recipe by Chef Maida
Today we are providing you a very nice recipe named “Palak Paneer”. Palak Paneer is an North Indian dish. This mildly flavored dish and super healthy. Palak Paneer is very popular Indian dish and it is very easy to make this recipe. It is very luxurious and delicious in taste. Must try this=s recipe at your home. For more please visit our website LahoriMela.com
Author: Chef Maida
Recipe type: Vegetables
Cuisine: Indian Recipe
- Palak puree ingredients:
- 500grams Fresh spinach
- 1 or 2 Green chilies, chopped
- 2 Garlic clove (optional)
- 11 inch ginger, roughly chopped
- For the Palak curry:
- 1 Medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 Medium sized tomato, chopped
- 4-5 Garlic, finely chopped
- ½ tsp Cumin seeds
- ¼ tspTurmeric powder
- 1tsp Red chili powder (optional)
- ½ tsp Garam masala powder
- 1 Bay leaf
- 200 grams Spinach
- 1 or 2 tbsp Milk
- 2 tbsp Oil or ghee or unsalted butter
- 1 tsp Fenugreek leaves
- As requiredSalt
- As requiredWater
- Few tsp Butter for topping
- Making the spinach puree:
- Rinse the spinach and
- Boil water in a pan with some salt.
- Switch off the fire and add the spinach leaves in the hot water.
- Close with a lid and let the spinach leaves sit in the water for 2-3 mins.
- Drain and immediately add the leaves in a pan or bowl containing ice cold water.
- Drain and then puree the spinach in a blender or hand blender with ginger, garlic and green chilies. make a smooth puree.
- Making the palak curry:
- heat oil or ghee in a pan
- fry the cumin first. then add the bay leaves and onions.
- fry till the onions become soft.
- now add the garlic and tomatoes.fry till the tomatoes become soft.
- add the turmeric powder, red chili powder stir and fry for some seconds.
- add the spinach puree. Add some water if required.
- simmer for 6-7 minutes or more till the spinach is cooked.
- lastly add salt and garam masala.
- stir and add the paneer and .add the milk and stir. Simmer for 30 seconds or a minute.at the end you can also add some crushed kasuri methi leaves.