Shahi Tukray Recipe by Chef Rida Aftab
Today we provide for you a very tasty and nice dish named as “Shahi Tukray”. It is very easy to make this recipe. Shahi Tukray is a rich bread pudding with dry fruits, flavor with cardamom. It is very delicious in taste. It’s simple to make and a great dessert when you are in a hurry. Try this sweet recipe. For more please visit our recipe LahoriMela.com
Author: Chef Rida Aftab
Recipe type: Sweets / Desserts
Cuisine: Pakistani Recipe
- 1. 6 slices of white bread
- 2. Clarified butter for frying
- 3. 400 grams sweetened condensed milk
- 4. ½ cup white OR raw sugar
- 5. a pinch of saffron strands
- 6. 3-4 green cardamom
- 7. 2 liters full cream liquid milk
- 8. sliced almonds and silver leaf for garnishing.
- All the procedures can be started side by side, on one stove make sugar syrup, on another put milk to make rabRi and fry the pieces of bread on another stove.. in this way by the time rabRi is ready the slices will be fried and soaked in sugar syrup and ready to receive the rabRi.
- Frying the bread in ghee:
- Cut the brown edges of the bread and cut each slice in 4 pieces.
- Melt clarified butter (ghee) in a pan and fry the bread slices on medium heat to golden color
- when the slices get golden color from one side flip them and fry them to golden color from other side as well
- fry them in batches until all of them are done, keep them on an absorbent paper so that all the excess ghee is drained out.
- Making sugar syrup:
- In a pot add sugar, ½ cup of water, saffron strands and green cardamoms and let it cook.
- Don’t cook it too much, only when it boils and gives aroma, pour it in a bowl to let it cool down.
- The sugar syrup should be luke warm before bread pieces are dipped in it.
- Dip the fried pieces of bread in luke warm sugar syrup for 15-20 seconds, flip them once in the sugar syrup
- when sugar syrup is absorbed well in the slices, arrange them in the serving dish
- Making rabRi
- Put liquid milk in the pot and let it boil, leave the spoon in the pot, this will avoid its spilling out.
- Milk will take some time to reduce and become rabri.
- When the liquid milk has reduced then add sweetened condensed milk in it, now keep stirring as it may stick to the bottom
- of the pan. As sweetened condensed milk is added so there will be no need to add sugar.
- After getting thicker, the chance of boiling and spilling over is less so now it can be cooked on a larger burner on a higher flame but keep stirring.
- Once its reduced and looks thick and creamy, let it cool down.
- When its luke warm pour it on the fried slices of bread set in the serving tray.
- Some people just pour a little bit of rabRi on the fried slices of bread
- Garnish with silver leaf and sprinkle the peeled and sliced almonds.